Saturday, July 5, 2008

Roasted Rabbit with Flageolets at La Buvette

After the Omaha Farmers Market is anything better than sitting on the patio at La Buvette? Saturdays often remind me why I live in Omaha. Sometimes when I have to park five blocks away to walk to the Farmers Market I have to pinch myself. Madison might have the whole capital square but there is something to the humbleness of Omaha’s. The traffic is laughable. The vendors have little pretension. If only they could somehow ban dogs and gigantic strollers!
We had the Buvette Salad and the Roasted Rabbit with Flageolets. The Rabbit was tender and flavorful but the beans were a touch underdone. Colleen just wanted water, but somehow managed to polish off some of my Limonata (maybe the BABY needed some).
La Buvette
511 S 11th Street
Omaha

No comments: