Friday, July 18, 2008

A post for Apryll on Hunter S. Thompson’s Birthday

How would Kentucky boy Hunter S. Thompson celebrate his birthday (if he was alive and all)? Well there would be bourbon involved, I’m sure. I know he was a fan of Wild Turkey but I bet he wouldn’t mind some of this delicious Old Forester Birthday Bourbon.
It’s the perfect night for bourbon neat and some reading. Barreled in 1993 when Apryll and I were in 5th grade. This caramel deliciousness was bottled up in 2006. It tastes like butterscotch and happiness. Two kinds of ice cream. Knowing a secret. Climbing a tree. Sorry… I had a little You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown moment.
Well Apryll, now instead of rolling your eyes at a party when someone doesn’t know what Gonzo Journalism is… you can tell them about your dorky friend that posted a tribute to you, Hunter S. Thompson, and some really good bourbon.
Apryll love hash brown sandwiches, hates picnics and is one of the most clever people I know. If you were here we would drink it on our bunk beds while reading Rum Diary aloud. She would say “Happy Birthday Panda Bear!”

No comments: