Monday, February 25, 2008

spicy salad greens

Honey Creek Farms spicy salad greens brighten up my snowy day. There is so much variation in each bag. Some greens are six inches long yet some are like delicate little petals. I know Honey Creek Farm comes to the Omaha farmers markets but you can also get the greens at Wohlner’s.*

When I eat the salad by myself I like to eat with my hands. Picking each different leaf up one by one.** I don’t really think the greens are all that spicy. There are just a few real nice, bright, mustard flavor greens mixed in.

These salad greens are nice with just a simple vinaigrette and whatever ingredients you have on had. Tonight I only had chickpea, a red pepper and frozen peas and it was a nice simple meal.

*5205 Leavenworth Street

**Everything taste better when you use your hands.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: