Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Polish Farmer's Feast

Jijesh and I enjoyed one of the authentic Polish restaurants in Roncesvalles Village. This neighborhood is an exclectic mix of very old Polish immigrants and also artsy young yuppies. This is what they called the Farmer's Dinner: kielbasa, sourkraut, cabbage roll, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy. The taste was good and similar to what I expected. The kielbasa preparation choices were fried or boiled. I choose the traditional boiled and was glad I did- the skin needs to pop when you cut it and the taste was rich and delicious. The mushroom gravy also really hit the spot. The cabbage roll was filled with mostly meat and the sauce was very bland. I am looking forward to taking some of our guests to this new find- Cafe Polonez.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed sharing hearty meal with my lovely wife.